Oct 1, 2013

2013 Halloween Hot Wheels - Son of Fangula

Welcome, foolish mortals to the AEIOU and Sometimes Why Halloween Countdown!

Whew, that's kind of a mouthful but appropriate as by the time this posts, I'll be thousands of feet above the ground in a soaring death tube heading to DisneyWorld to enjoy some Halloween festivities. Photos are coming, don't panic! 
There may also be Twitter on the go photos. 

I'm starting off the month showcasing the mostly awesome (and far superior to the crap pack that Target has) series of 2013 Halloween Hot Wheels. My very good fiend, Shawn from Branded in the 80s scooped these up for me. I think he got me my fix last year too. 
Is he my dealer now?

I know these were found at Kroger and they may be in other stores as well. All I know is they're found in stores not in my area of the country!

2013 exclusive Halloween Hot Wheels Kroger Ralph's

Aside from the vehicle selection, the other thing these exclusives do way better than Target is the card art. Target has boxed sets that don't have all that free cardboard in which to put gorgeous art. Oddly, the car on the card is not featured in this year's line up. But it's got a ol' big skull on it, so it's got that going for it...which is nice.

First up is the least Halloween-y pick of the bunch. And it's a damn shame because this has become one of my favorite Hot Wheels cars. I don't mind too much, as I've already got a couple of these bad boys parked in the Halloween Garage. Which is also the reasoning behind the post title. Any time there's a new Fangula post, it must have a 50s monster movie title.

2013 Halloween Hot Wheels Exclusive Fangula

Yep, it's very gold! The paint deco almost makes it look like it has wood paneling which would be different for a roadster like this. And there's the smilin' Halloween Hot Wheels mascot emblazoned on the door. Yet another thing that sets it above the lack of effort that went into this year's Target "Halloween" Hot Wheels. But I'm not bitter...

Hey! Be sure to get maximize your Halloween blog reading experience and visit the houses on Countdown to Halloween Ave. and Blog-O-Ween Place!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love there packaging this year. Wonder what other cars are in the line up? Can't wait to see. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're coming up, Jboy and they get better every day!

      Delete
  2. sweet... i love when cool stuff gets made!

    Jeremy H.
    Come Join my WRECKING BALL, it will be a SMASH...
    [Being-Retro]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jeremy, thanks for stopping by. Your ball sounds like it'll be a blast!

      Delete
  3. You got me curious so I stopped in at our local Krogers and actually picked up one of these which I will be showing on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete