Oct 25, 2013

League Post: Local Haunts

League

Well, well, well. I've been absent from the League of Extraordinary Bloggers during all my Halloween posting but this week's assignment happens to dovetail nicely with something I had been planning on posting, so I've got that going for me.

Photo assignment: Grab your camera and snap a few pictures of how you, or your home town, is celebrating the greatest holiday of the year: Halloween!

Granted, a whole lot of the stuff I've been posting this month has fit this bill to some degree, (especially the ones from Disney) but today's are all within a 20 minutes from my house.

First up...the alien house!

Alien house 1

This house is located in Salem and the folks have been doing this for a few years now. I've always wanted to take some pics here but never have before today. I'm going to try and get back after dark to see if I can get any good ones.

Alien house posing

Whatcha Thinkin' About?
I dunno, Alien stuff I guess.

If you've seen Rob Zombie's Lords of Salem, this next one might look familiar...

Lords of Salem house

It's the exterior of Heidi's house. Don't know where they shot the interiors but there is NO way it fit inside this house!

Decorated house 1

This house does a great job decorating. Most of the portraits on the wall are those lenticular ones that change appearance when you move by them.

Decorated house zombabies

The zombie babies in the bushes are awesome!

This last one is right around the corner from me. I always thought it looks kinda spooky. Maybe it's because of the Bates house style of roof on it, maybe it's the wrought iron gates.
It also happens to be number 13!

Spooky 13

There's additional pics over on my Flickr.

Here's other League haunts
Whatever I Think Of has a few shots from her neighborhood
See the Mr Monster Men at DI Treasures
Nerd Out With Me has some pretty cool decorations

6 comments:

  1. You're right, the zombie babies ARE awesome. The whole set up is epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The do a neat setup for Christmas time too. Maybe I'll post pics when the time is right.

      Delete
  2. I have not seen Lords of Salem is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sort of a throwback to the witchcraft/occult movies of the 70s. The ending totally ruined the rest of the movie for me though.

      Delete
  3. I like those tin foil aliens! How creative and funky. I agree about the last house. A Bates style house up on a hill, guarded by a wrought iron gate, and it's number 13? Definitely haunted. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you never see people decorate with aliens, it's a great idea.

      Delete