Oct 26, 2022

Spooky Droids

 Every year, the Disney Droid Factory releases new holiday figures for Halloween and Christmas. These are park exclusives and if you don't know someone you'll be paying scalper prices on eBay for them. You can sometimes get lucky and catch them on ShopDisney too.

Luckily, I'm in a friendly Facebook group and managed to pick up this year's figure plus a friend I missed out on.


2022 brings R7-FNG to join the line of eerie astromechs. He's got a whole vampire thing going on complete with a widow's peak and fangs! 
 

Most of the time, I'm an opener but in some cases, I prefer to leave the figure on card. I like the art on the front and the little technical readout on the back. While I could open it and just keep the card, I don't really have anywhere to display the figure. There's also a little blurb on the back about the droid: This droid is optimized to function in the dark and desolate environment of Exegol and its underlying threat.
 
But the coolest thing about this one is that it's dome glows in the dark!


Accompanying R7-FNG on it journey to me was 2021's Halloween droid, R6-W1CH.


From the back: This droid is from the mysterious world of Dathomir and is known to aid a coven of witches in their gifts of wielding dark magic.
 
 
This one doesn't glow but does have an adorable witch hat!


In addition to R7-FNG this year, they also released a 4-pack which I am kicking myself for not jumping on when I saw it on ShopDisney.


The good news (for me) is that this is just a repack of previous releases in one box. Personally, I'd rather have them individually on card anyway.

Be sure to check out the complete list of Countdown bloggers by clicking below.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment