Oct 27, 2022

LEGO Disney's Haunted Mansion (40521)

Welcome, foolish mortals to the mini Haunted Mansion!


I'm a huge fan of the Haunted Mansion attraction in all its incarnations so naturally this was a must have. However, I do have to say this is not "my" mansion. I mainly visit DisneyWorld and prefer that exterior over the original DisneyLand version.
 
Did you know the original Haunted Mansion concept was for it to be a walk through attraction which included an encounter with the Headless Horseman?

Kindly keep your appendages inside your Doombuggy as you click the jump bar.


This 680 piece set took me a few hours to put together over a couple days. I think there's just something about working with smaller pieces that takes a little more out of you. That, and there's a lot of repetitive components you have to assemble.

The set comes with a butler. I guess he's there to help you out but all he did was stand there while I put it all together. Didn't even offer to get me a Mint Julep. I don't know why they didn't include the Hitchhiking Ghosts as minifigs...hopefully they're planned for another set.


Here's a side view of the veranda, which is not very exciting the tiny brick architecture is something to look at. I found this site called Light My Bricks that has a lighting package you can install and it looks pretty awesome.

The real action is around the back...


This is the dancing/dining hall scene from the ride. There's a long table on the bottom floor with what I'm guessing is the birthday cake lit up and ghosts moving around the table. There are itty bitty ghostly portraits on the walls on both floors. Those stickers were a bit of a challenge to try and get them centered on the bricks! 


And here's the other side which is a whole lot of windows. No matter how many LEGO sets I put together I'm always amazed at the parts you can't see from the outside and how it all comes together.

While it's very unlikely, I'd love to see a set based on one of the rooms or scenes from the ride with some action feature and/or lights. Anything to get the Hitchhiking Ghosts in LEGO form!

Click below to go to the Countdown to Halloween site and visit the other participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment