Oct 15, 2022

Haunted Library - Movie Monsters - Monster Make-Up & Shows To Put On (1975)

 Have we got a treat in the stacks for you today! If you're a monster kid of a certain age, this will probably be a nostalgia trip. Even if you haven't seen this particular book before, you likely checked one out just like it from your local library.

I originally got this from the now defunct Retrospace. 
You can view that original post here.


Monster lovers, this Scholastic book has got you covered! The first 28 pages talk about Lon Chaney, Universal Monsters, and even Blacula and Young Frankenstein!
 

The next 33 pages give instructions for recreating your own monster make ups.


The last section has a short stage play and some special effect tricks.
 
 
To check out this book, click your library card below!


Click below to visit the main Countdown site to see all the participating blogs.

5 comments:

  1. I used to read that over and over again, in elementary school. Gateway book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't quite into monsters yet when this came out. I was either still on knights & wizards or getting into Star Wars.

      Delete
  2. I love this book. So much, I stole it. Seriously. In 2nd grade. I'm not proud of it. Story here: https://garagesalin.blogspot.com/2018/10/movie-monsters.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you can take a copy from this library and keep it :D

      Delete
  3. Oh, and man I miss Retrospace. PANCAKES!

    ReplyDelete