Oct 21, 2022

LEGO Build a Figure - Halloween 2022

 If you're lucky enough to have a brick & mortar LEGO store in your area, you've probably seen the station where you can create your own minifigs from a bunch of assorted body parts. You can let your inner child be just like Dr. Frankenstein! The available pieces are refreshed throughout the year and usually include a Halloween assortment. This year brings three new minifigs!

 
The store staff helped me locate the pieces to build the new haunters. Then I remembered it's 2022 and I have the world in my phone. I looked up pictures so I knew what I was looking for. I purposely didn't check them out ahead of time so I could have a little surprise.

First up is a pumpkin-headed scarecrow. I don't know if he looks creepier with the pumpkin on or off! The sack head kind of has that freaky doll vibe to it.

 
Next is a potion brewing witch. She's got a fun little smirk and a fantastic dress. Just look at all the detail they put into it, even on the back!

 
The last of our terrifying trio is a bat boy! Not to be confused with the Bat Boy. I love the little outfit with the orange bowtie and scary face with a missing tooth. But wait, this bat boy transforms!


Okay, sort of! He's got an unmasked face on the other side of his head. LEGO started making these dual portrait heads awhile back and it's a really fun feature. This kid may not have a Trick or Treat bag but that hasn't stopped him from stuffing candy in his pockets. What's the point of dressing up if not candy?

There is a fourth, unofficial spooky season figure. The staff I was talking to said she is technically part of the Q3 assortment and is not in with the other Halloween parts.

Image from The Brick Post
 

I passed on her for now and it was a hard choice. When you build your own minifigs, you have to buy them in packs of three. I decided to go with the "official" Halloween ones but I have a feeling if I go back to that mall anytime soon, I'll be grabbing this gorgeous figure. 
 

Be sure to visit all the Countdown blogs! You can click on the image below to find a list of participants on the Countdown to Halloween site.

2 comments: