Aug 26, 2026

Dungeons and Dragons Questers by Basic Fun

 I'm a little late on posting these. I picked them up maybe a month or so ago and just never got around to opening them. Questers is a line of collectible, build-able D&D figures aimed at a younger audience.
 

 The line debuted with 12 figures featuring some of the most iconic monsters from D&D's long history. The monsters are "blind" packed in these large plastic d20s. If you click to enlarge, you'll see under the 1 on the top die there's a code indicating what's inside. These capsules snap together really well so if you wanted to, you could roll them if you've got a big enough table.
 

 Each one comes with an easy to put together (mostly) figure, an actual d20, a creature card, a quest starter/checklist, and a mini sheet with five stickers. One of the stickers is made to go on your checklist so you can keep track of the monsters you've wrangled. 
 
The checklist also shows the other figures in the line: eight adventurers and three larger dragons. The dragons look cool but being larger, don't interest me. I may pick up one or two of the adventurers but I'm still on the fence. It looks like you can mix and match outfits and accessories so that could be fun.
  
 
Yes, I did "cheat" and use the codes you can find online to get the ones I want! First up is that hard to see geometric goo with the caustic personality: the Gelatinous Cube! I don't know if it's just my Cube, but the pieces don't sit together just right. I do like that they have something inside it so it's not just a translucent block sitting there.


 Next is the frightful feline that puts Schroedinger's Cat to shame: the dastardly Displacer Beast. It's kind of fun to see a kid-ified version that you might actually want as a pet...assuming you can get past the twin tentacles on its back. This one's the Ultra Rare of the set so it took a bit of digging to locate him.
 

 For those that may not be familiar with a standard d20, here they are with a LEGO minifig for scale.
 
There's still a a couple classics I need to get: the mimic and the owlbear. I think I need the homunculus owl too because it kind of looks like Bubo from Clash of the Titans.
 
If you want to see all the figures in the line, head over to Basic Fun's Questers page. I hope this line does well, there's still plenty of monsters out there I'd love to see get this treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment