Oct 11, 2026

Spidey D takes over Salem Dunkin!

It's fair to say Salem is like a circus in October. 
The downtown Dunkin took that to heart this year!
  

This same store got taken over by Spidey D (Dunkin's Spider Donut mascot) last year but it was nowhere near this level! The line last year was just as long so I didn't go in but this time we stuck it out because I really wanted to see the inside.
 
Below where it says Step Rite Up is one of those big spinning wheels where someone gets strapped in and spun around while a performer throws sharp objects at them. This one doesn't move but it does have handholds to pose for a photo op.
 

 Here's the other side of the building. To the right is normally a chain link fence where the dumpsters are hidden away.
 

 But even that area got a make over with a faux fence and midway style posters.
The line actually moved fairly quick but I wouldn't recommend going inside if you're any kind of claustrophobic!
 

 The Salem Dunkin mugs are always super popular and this year there's even more Salem Dunkin merch on sale: baseball caps, t-shirts, assorted beverage vessels (including a tiny cauldron!), tote bags, and...
 

 Even a Dunkin Salem Ouija board! It may seem odd but it's kind of fitting. Ouija was mass marketed by Parker Brothers which was founded in Salem! 
 

 I'm not such a big fan of Dunkin that I'd wear merch but I do like that hat on the left with the witches over a giant Dunkin cup. 2026 is also the 400th anniversary of Salem so you probably won't see this exact one for sale again.
  

 There's even a working Zoltar in the store! Although they say he's possessed. 
It works, is free, and has custom Spidey D fortunes.
  

 Spidey's fortunes are a little sassier than your standard Zoltar fortune.
 

Maybe my favorite part of the whole thing is that they renamed all the pastries to Halloween-y names. It's just a name change but it adds so much to the whole experience.  
 
As you might imagine, this transformation is blowing up on social media and even got some local news coverage. I was Googling "Salem Dunkin Spidey D" and found it funny that a lot of posts are using photos from Dunkin's blog post about the store and passing them off as their own. 
 
Be sure to check out all the Countdown bloggers by clicking the link below. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment