Oct 5, 2026

Office Halloween 2008

 Way back in 2008, we took a vacation to Vegas at the end of October. I had a reputation at the place I worked for being the "Halloween guy" so I decided to have a little fun with being out of the office.
 
  
Every October, I'd have a traditional pumpkin pail on my desk loaded with fun size candy and assorted little toys like spider rings and plastic bugs. I also enjoyed decorating my cubicle with all kinds of stuff I brought from home.
  

And you wonder how I got to be known as the Halloween guy! I wish the photos were better quality so you'd be able to see them better but it was 2008. Pretty sure I took these with my digital camera because the phone I had didn't even have one. As I'm looking back at these, I'm realizing this was a year I went lighter on the decorations, believe it or not!
 

 Here's a better look at the shelf. There's some NECA Nightmare Before Christmas figures and accessories, a framed photo of the Addams Family, a red potion (made with Kool-Aid mix), and an assortment of books from my own library.
 
 Stars, Spells, Secrets and Sorcery
Zombie Survival Guide
Monster Hunter's Handbook
A Field Guide to Demons
A Field Guide to Monsters
 
I may need to dig out that first one and do a post on it. I've had it since middle school!
 
So what's all this got to do with going on vacation?
 

 I made a few "adjustments" to my cube when I left. The sign is in a ransom note, cut out letter font and reads "Ed has taken an involuntary leave of absence and may return on November 3rd."
 

 I made it look like someone tossed my cube, chair knocked over and other things thrown amiss. I also left a letter on the desk with a blood syringe pen on it.
 

 And that's the tale of how I went missing for week in October 2008. 
 
Hitch a ride with the ghostly gentleman to see the participating Countdown to Halloween blogs. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment