Oct 2, 2026

Halloween Hot Wheels 2026 - Rockin Railer

 Typically, I've done Halloween Hot Wheels Wednesday because I like alteration. But with only four Wednesdays this year and five Hot Wheels, I've changed it up. Yes, I could double up on one post but then that's a whole other post I need to come up with. 
 
I'd forgotten to order these in advance. Distribution is always seems spotty and I never know if they're going to turn up in a local store. One weekend, they were in my local supermarket and I grabbed the whole wave. There was no sign of them the following weekend! I have seen a couple popping up in Target but never the whole wave. 
 
Anyway, let's wave that green flag and start things off with the card art.
 
 
I'm really loving this year's design! You kind of got a Halloween Smokey and the Bandit chase going on leaving a trail of candy, a giant neon pumpkin, and a spooky...house? castle? with trick or treaters out front and a witch flying in front of a full moon.
 
 
 First in the 2026 lineup is Rockin' Railer. Every time I've had to type that name, my fingers automatically type Roller instead of Railer. This dragster was first introduced in 2023 and this is the sixth iteration. I can't imagine this would be easy to drive with the huge engine right in front of the windshield. But I guess if you're drag racing you're probably going in a straight line.
 
  
From the original card back: "Inspired by rail dragsters of the 60's, this speedster is always rockin' as it goes from 0–100 in 0.8 seconds. It will leave the competition in its dust while the exposed front engine rocks from side to side." And it does indeed, rock! When the car rolls along, the giant chrome engine rocks side to side.
 
I've seen a lot of collectors online grousing that this year's Halloween offerings aren't great but I disagree and think we got a really strong line up! Tune in every Friday for more Halloween Hot Wheels!
 
Swing by and see all the Countdown to Halloween blogs!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment