Oct 29, 2017

The Headless Horseman Song

No Halloween season would be complete without mentioning one the most famous ghost stories of all time.


There's no shortage of things to talk about regarding the horrific Hessian but I wanted to focus on the song from Disney's version. I really enjoy this song and was surprised there have been so many versions over the years.

Below is the song that you hear in The Adventures of Ichabod sung by Bing Crosby.


And then there is a version by Thurl Ravenscroft. If you're not a Disney fan, you might know him better as the original Tony the Tiger or the villainous voice behind You're a Mean One, Mr Grinch. I think you'll agree his booming voice is a bit more sinister than Mr. Crosby.


Here's another cover by Kay Starr paried with a classic Betty Boop cartoon.


Here's a fun video by Jonathan Kruk.


The final version I'll leave you with is by New England's own Dr. Gasp (aka Dan Blakeslee). I've seen him a few times live and it's always quite a show. I highly recommend his Halloween Special album.


If you want a few more versions, I put together a quick YouTube playlist. There's also a version I found on Amazon released last month by Annie Marie Lewis & Danny B Harvey that has more of a country twang to it.


See all the Halloween goodness by clicking the link below!

1 comment: