Oct 19, 2023

The KidsTime Zone Halloween Special (WTXX, 1986)

 A huge thanks to The Haunted Drive-In on YouTube for posting this gem.


WTXX was local station 20 in Waterbury, Connecticut from 1982 to 2010. KidsTime with T.X. Critter was your typical Sunday morning kids show featuring a live host and puppets. Puppet co-host T.X Critter was created by Paul Fusco who would go on to create ALF a few years later!

This special hits that magical Halloween childhood sweet spot. It gives me nostalgia feels even though I'd never seen it. There's just something about it being a product of the 80s and the charm that only comes from a locally produced show. 
The school kids are just *chef's kiss* 
 
Did I mention it also has the original commercials?
 
 Click below to see the list of participating Countdown blogs!

3 comments:

  1. I've been watching these retro broadcasts all season. I've added this one to my Halloween playlist. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Beast Man mask in the background when the kids are talking just was an extra special detail. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul had left the show by this time. I interned with the main puppeteer, Joe Zito, in 1983? I think he was still there at this point. Paul was long gone by then

    ReplyDelete