Oct 22, 2023

October Magic and the Punkin Pixie

 Thanks to Countdowner (what? it's a word) CheersWithChelsea on Instagram for introducing me to the Punkin Pixie! The Punkin Pixie is sort of like that other seasonal pointy-eared imp that gained notoriety for just sitting around, but for Halloween!


A couple weeks ago I was checking out Halloween Instagram posts, as you do, when I found the most adorable pumpkin person. I immediately clicked on over to The Punkin Shop to get one for myself. I didn't know there was also a book when I headed over there but once I saw it, it was pretty much required to get that also.
 

 My Pixie arrived in a Punkin Shop branded cardboard box and it was actually fun to open! The contents were wrapped in orange tissue paper and there was jack o'lantern shaped confetti sprinkled inside. The Pixie was already doing its thing.

For some reason, I was just expecting the Pixie to be loose and not be in a cool box of its own. There was something about seeing the box that went right to the kid in me and made me even more excited to break it free. 
By the way, I'm a total sucker for pumpkin-headed people.

The book is very cute and tells the story of how Harvest Moon cast a spell to create the Punkin Pixies to help kids celebrate Halloween all season long. Like that other squatting critter, they are only active at night, and might move around on their own while getting up to mischief.


I think he's going to be very happy in his new home. I can't wait for him to hang out with Krampus in the Corner in a couple months.

Click the image to see the full list of Countdown to Halloween blogs!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment