Oct 20, 2023

Freddy Friday - Enter the Slasherverse

You may have traveled the Spider-verse but are you ready for the Slasher-verse?


I accidentally stumbled into this while looking at Freddy fan films. I don't know why fan films are a particular rabbit hole I never jumped into before but there's a lot out there! Slasherverse is an ambitious project by Conrad Studios that tries to weave a tale the crosses over into some of the most popular horror franchises.


Above is a playlist that will take you across the five short films.

It started out pretty good with Elm Street and then went on to Halloween. The Friday the 13th and Scream entries were the low point for me. Both feature voice over dialog which doesn't fit the vibe for either franchise. I'm not a huge F13th fan but Jason just didn't feel right. The series bounces back with the Texas Chainsaw finale.

Be sure to check out the complete list of Countdown bloggers by clicking below.
 

2 comments:

  1. Fan films are so hit or miss. Watched Never Hike Alone 2 today, and that was a major hit. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about those, I'll have to check them out.

      Delete