Oct 12, 2016

2016 Halloween Hot Wheels - Ryura LX & Vandetta

If you're playing along at home, you might be wondering why the second week of Halloween Hot Wheels Wednesday is covering the last two cars in the series. The answer is poor planning on my part. I just recently found car #4 and haven't had time to photograph it.

I'm guessing most people either aren't following along or just don't care that I'm posting the cars "out of order." You don't care, right?

So here's lucky #7, Ryura LX...


Coincidentally, this is the seventh version of Ryura XL to be released since it debuted in 2014. This is one of my favorites in the 2016 lineup. It looks like a super-charged butt-kicking ride! The skull details along he hood and sides are fantastic. I think it looks like it could be a superhero-mobile.


If there wasn't already a Ghost Rider with a car, I'd say this would be a perfect fit for him...or her! I'd be interested to see what they'd do with a female Ghost Rider.

The "last" car in the series is Vandetta. I see what you did there.


This is the 16th version of Vandetta to roll out since 2005. Fun fact: both of these cars also appeared in a Super Mario series earlier this year. Clearly, this is the most Halloween-y of all the cars because it looks like a Jack-o-lantern. I've noticed this type of design recurring every couple of years.


The Jack-o-lantern design can be easy to miss if you're not looking for it. The lines look very digital but once you have grinning pumpkin in your head, it's right there. Another great thing about this one? Translucent purple wheels! As you can probably tell, the whole body is also translucent.


 Which means it looks funky under a black light!

Tune in next week for more Halloween Hot Wheels!!

Be sure to check out all the Countdown bloggers!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Haven't found these, but I like 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are at Kroger's and Walgreen's. I've heard rumors they may also be at KMart but I'm not 100% sure on that. I found them about a month ago and am still only seeing a few at each Walgreen's I visit.

      Delete