Oct 26, 2020

Halloween Web - BonfireDances

 Reader beware! You're in for a scare!

Welcome! Please introduce yourself.

My name is Teagan. I’m 23 years old and have loved Halloween as long as I’ve been old enough to store memories in my head. My nana was the first to really get me into Halloween, she would take me to our local craft store and let me pick out anything Halloween I wanted to take home. My dad was another big influence, and introduced me to many classic horror movies.

I love Salem, Massachusetts and Halloween so much that I’m actually getting married in Salem on Halloween of 2020!

I’m really thankful for Instagram (@bonfiredances) because it has allowed me to meet so many people that are share the same love of Halloween as I do as well as share my Halloween experiences with other people! 

What was Halloween like for you as a kid?

Like I said, my nana and my dad were two of my biggest influences for Halloween enthusiasts.  
However, growing up in my childhood home, I can still vividly picture all of my old Halloween decorations that I had. We had the “scariest” porch in the whole neighborhood with motion activated ghouls and hanging ghosts. I lived in a huge subdivision so trick or treating was magical.The majority of the houses went all out with decorating and there was just a serious magic in the air every Halloween night. 

Do you have any special Halloween memories?

My most fond Halloween memory was probably shared with my nana when I was really young. She would drive me around our town just to look at Halloween decorations.

My most recent memory was Halloween in Salem of 2019. It’s an experience that you really can’t put into words unless you’ve experienced it for yourself. It’s shoulder to shoulder with people but everyone is friendly and having a great time. The most ELABORATE costumes you could ever imagine. Halloween in Salem is the most radical Halloween experience. 


What about favorite costumes?

My favorite Halloween costume is probably either my May Queen from Midsommar and my fiancé was Paimon from Hereditary or when we were the Goosebumps haunted masks characters!

How do you celebrate the holiday today?

We now have an annual tradition of visiting sleepy hollow for a night and then driving the rest of the way to Salem for Halloween! It’s the best Halloween vacation ever!

Do you have any yearly traditions that help you celebrate?

Yes, actually. The day of Halloween I listen to This is Halloween from the Nightmare Before Christmas as soon as I first get into my car for the day and then People are Strange by The Doors immediately after. It’s just a tradition that seems small, but is significant to me. My little brother who is 14 now and I carve pumpkins the night before Halloween every year! Now that we leave for Sleepy Hollow/Salem every year, we’ve been doing it the night before we leave for vacation. 


What is it about Halloween that sticks with us after childhood?

I think it’s that fond childlike high that everyone searches for as they grow into an adult. It’s the one night of the year where I, and many others, feel normal. My fiancĂ© and I leave our Halloween decorations up year round, we watch horror movies every single night, Halloween for us isn’t just a holiday, it’s a lifestyle. 
 
Inside the Spookster's Studio

The worst thing to get while trick or treating was a toothbrush! Fun suckers!

My favorite thing to get was Reese’s pumpkins! 

My favorite monster cereal is Count Chocula!

Where can people find you online?

I’m @bonfiredances on Instagram! Spooky content year round!

Thanks to Teagan for joining us today. I wish her the best on her upcoming wedding.

Click the image below to see all the participating Countdown bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment