Oct 4, 2024

LEGO Build a Minifigure - Halloween 2024

 If you're lucky enough to have a LEGO store in your area, you've probably seen the station where you can build your own minifigs from all kinds of assorted parts. They get new parts in every so often and will usually have Halloween specific parts.

We've got an interesting group this year.


When you make your minifig, you can also give them an accessory. Based on the photos I've seen online, these are the "correct" accessories. So we have: skeleton girl, witch, and punk ghost. The background is a custom set I got from eBay back in 2013.


This is definitely one of the more odd minifigs for me. I do like her cotton candy pink hair with the little...whatever you call those on the top. I'm sure there's a word for it. There's just something about the white top and black bottom that looks off to me. Maybe it's because it reminds me of Ghost Spider
 

Next is a creepy little witch. I'm guessing she's a swamp witch based on having a frog and some leaves tucked into her front pocket. The cat is the "correct" accessory for her but while searching through the parts, there was also a gray kitten that I almost got instead. It's smaller than the cat and very cute.


And then we have...this guy. Some kind of punk rock ghost with a purple mohawk. Maybe he died at a concert and that's the band's shirt he's wearing? His head is a translucent orange with some strange markings around the face. It almost looks like lava breaking through rock? His bottom half is an interesting piece I've seen before with different ghost minifigs. 
 
While it took a few minutes to locate most of the minifig parts, this guy's head was very hard to find. You'd think a translucent orange head would be easy to spot among the other heads, which are all yellow, but it was nowhere to be found. I asked if they had more out back but they didn't. One of the employees offered to help look for it and she found it in a minute, so shout out to Layla!


The best thing about LEGO is swapping things around. I like the pumpkin head ghost and the cleaver just feels right with the skeleton girl. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment