Oct 2, 2024

Halloween Hot Wheels 2024 - Madfast

 I'm thrilled to be back with another year of new Halloween Hot Wheels! I was starting to get a little worried as the 2023 line was juts a repackaging of the 2021 line. I'm an opener, not a carded collector, so the repacks steal a little Halloween joy from me when they happen.

I did order this year's wave online because I never know if I'll find them locally. A few weeks after they arrived, I found them all in two different supermarkets. You can never be sure though so I'm glad I secured them when I did.

Let's get to it! We'll start off with a nice closeup of this year's card art.


As usual, the card art is killer. I think the only thing missing would be a few bats. The two cars racing through the haunted forest are numbers four and five so you'll see them here in a few weeks. Our first creepy car this year is Madfast.


Madfast debuted in 2008. The engine piece is plastic now but up until 2013, it was metal. This release is the 13th version, how lucky!


 In 2013, it was part of the Holiday Hot Rods series although that colorway doesn't quite scream holiday season to me. I like this Halloween design quite a bit, it's not overly busy and the orange bubble is a nice splash of color with the black and white of the body.

 
But here's the really cool part: a skull and bones along the...front? I was going to say hood but it's in front of the engine. Is that still the hood? Would that part of the car even open?
 
Because the skull is kind of elongated, I'm thinking it's some kind of demon skull. I didn't even notice until I was taking the pics that the skull says Halloween on it!

Don't forget to visit the other Countdown to Halloween sites!
You can find a list at the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment