Oct 24, 2024

Bicycle - Nightmare Before Christmas Playing Cards

 Unintentionally saved the best deck for last. I found this one on the 5th and had the other playing card posts done already.


This is what I'd call a premium deck straight out of the wrapper! The tuckbox is a matte black with silver and purple foil that makes the front really pop.


Even the inside of the box has graphics! Just getting this far in opening it, I was already impressed.
 

 
In this deck, the suit colors are black and purple. The Jokers are adorable and the Ace of Spades has Sally and Jack on the hill.


What makes puts this deck above the rest is every single card has something spooky on it. Spiders, bats, black cats, and Jack-O'-Lantern smiles. While I enjoy collecting playing card designs, my favorite thing about them is when every card has something different on it than just the standard design.


And of course, every face card has its own character. It seems like they kind of went for themes among the suits. But I don't know if the Mayor really belongs with the likes of Oogie Boogie and Dr. Finkelstein. For the curious Nightmare nerds out there, the other half of the Mayor mirrors what is showing, it does not show his other head.

Okay, I know Jack is the main character, he should be King...but his name is Jack! I was happy to see Lock, Shock, and Barrel each get their own card instead of being crammed together on one. Does it bother a tiny OCD part of me that they're represented in the wrong order (Barrel, Lock, Shock)? Yes, yes it does.

2 comments: