Oct 12, 2015

Halloween Web - Toys of My Past


For the people that may not know you, tell us a little about yourself.

Well my name is Mike and I run the Toysofmypast.com web site in a small but growing town in Georgetown, TX where I live with my wife Samantha and our 1yr old daughter Emma. I collect and sell classic (70-90’s) Toys, Games and Memorabilia in the spare time I find between a full time job, raising a fam and the site. But will always find time for the Countdown to Halloween.

Oh and will be giving away custom painted zombie figures on my web site!

What was Halloween like in your neighborhood as a kid?

It was always something different in our house growing up, from the standard decorations to the best and scariest Haunted House we ever put together (my opinion). Dressed as whatever we decided to be that year Id get together with my best friends who just happen to live right next door and our other friends in the block and would go from house to house collecting candy.
Do you have a particularly fond/funny/scary Halloween memory?

The Best Memories I had during those times were with my younger siblings.
After a long night getting candy we would dump our treasures on the table and jump with joy like kids in a candy sto... Wait... Never mind. We would also trade candy and of course I got all the good stuff being the older brother.

Any favorite costumes from Halloweens past?

Honestly I can’t really remember most of my costumes. I do remember going as the Crow in my teenage years which only consisted of painting my face so I don’t know it that counts. But apparently I liked the Ninja Turtle costume when I was younger because I apparently wore it with pride. (I’m Leo, my cousin is Raph)



What do you do to celebrate now, out in the real world?

The Wife and I still decorate, though we only have a small balcony in our apartment, we do our best. We also try to make our own decorations and I tend to get a bit too involved in my projects adding green LEDs to a cauldron filled with water and dry ice to making a cheap plastic skull open and close its jaw.


Do you have any yearly rituals?

Oh yeah we try to watch a Horror, Thriller or Halloween themed movie/show every night in October and blog all month long or as much as I can as a crypt keeper during the Countdown to Halloween @ Toysofmypast.com.
What do you think it is about Halloween that keeps it in our hearts as we get older?

Definitely the memories of family getting together just having a good time and watching the next generation enjoy everything we did as kids. Everyone still gets involved every year.

Inside the Spookster's Studio

The worst thing to get while trick or treating was Circus Peanuts…why, just why?

My favorite thing to get was PB Cups If they survived the TX heat


Thanks for joining the festivities this year! Where can people find you online?

I tend to blog sporadically throughout the year and I like to give things away too, so if that is something you enjoy, follow and like my pages. Toys of My Past Blog & Facebook

Don’t forget about the Zombie Figure giveaway!

Don't forget to grab today's audio mix before you trick or treat your way through all the houses doing the Countdown to Halloween!

InstruMental Madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment