Jun 1, 2013

Monthly Movie Recap - May 2013

Another quick recap this month. If you watch a lot of movies or just need yet another social media platform to use, check out Letterboxd. You can keep a journal of the films you watch, rate and review them. And there's that whole social thing where you can connect with people and see what they're doing too. Feel free to add me under Dex1138.


Inferno (1980)
This is only the 2nd Argento movie I've seen, the first being Suspiria. I can see where this was being tied in as a sequel but I didn't find it nearly as entertaining and was bored throughout most of it even though the kill count kept going up.

Cool: Great soundtrack/score; if you like watching victims languish in their pain, this is your movie
Lame: Pretty much every character is killed and it feels like there's no rhyme or reason to it; the coolest scene is near the end and lasts about a minute
Rating: 4/10

Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
As I've posted before, I've never been into Trek like other franchises but I did like the 2009 movie. This one carries on the story and is just as good, if not better. Plenty of action and running around while shouting balanced with character moments.

Cool: Feels more like the action-y Star Wars galaxy than science/brainy Trek universe (which I know a lot of fans don't like); Not having an attachment to the original characters keeps me from having any problems with their new versions.
Lame: Why is it you can't beam someone up from a moving vehicle but can beam someone down to the same vehicle? Those aliens they fought should have come into the climax of the story.; Oh my God, the lens flare! My eyes!
Rating: 7/10

Month Total
 New: 2

Year to Date
New: 38, Rewatch:1

No comments:

Post a Comment