Apr 15, 2013

State of the Site - April 2013

Hey there faithful blog reader!

I wanted to pop in quick and lay down the skinny on what's going on 
behind the scenes here at AEIOU, ie: my life.

After being unemployed for the past 7 months, I am finally working again, even if it's only for 3 months right now. The current schedule is good but the commute can be 60-90 minutes each way. It adds up daily and seriously cuts into "free time" which is also blogging time.

So for the next few months, it's likely I won't stay on my M-W-F schedule I've been mostly holding to as of late (if you even noticed!). I'll still jump on a League post when I can and try to keep up with the regularly scheduled zaniness that is my other posts.

I'm not going anywhere. 
I'm still around, reading your blogs, and hanging around on Twitter at night.
And if you're a fellow blogger and/or Twitter converser: thanks for being in my virtual clubhouse! It's good to have cyber-pals to interact with when you feel down.

Don't forget this Saturday is Record Store Day, so head out and see if you can find that limited edition vinyl Steak Disco LP. (inside joke)

15 comments:

  1. Dude, so glad you found a job! Good luck and I'll be thinking aboutcha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've got some work, even if it is only for 3 months. Hopefully something else will come up in the meantime. I know it sucks dealing with this kind of work uncertainty. My husband is in the same boat at the moment, thanks to the graphic design industry basically going down the toilet. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a time when you find out what you're made of and what kind of torture your own brain can inflict on you.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations man! That's got to be a good feeling and that company is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations sir! Nothing wrong with being busy. Especially, when it's due to good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is kind of a First World Problem lol

      Delete
  5. I spend a big chunk of time commuting on the bus to work every day as well, so I feel you. I bought an e-reader and read books like crazy now to pass the time. I read 66 books in 2012, which is probably more than I read in the past 5 years before that. Of course, if you're DRIVING to work, and not riding like I am, that's not really an option.

    I also occasionally write blog posts on my phone on my break at work, or when I'm on the bus. It's kind of a pain typing with the tiny screen, but sometimes it's the only way I have time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I'm driving. I've had other jobs where I commuted by train and it was a great way to catch up on reading and tv/movies. I probably wouldn't mind it so much but driving feels like a "waste" of time because I can't do anything other than listen to podcasts.

      I might be getting a tablet soon so that might take the blogging edge off a little during lunch.

      Delete