Dec 10, 2014

Haunted Mansion Hitchhiking Ghost Figure Set

These guys hitched a ride along with my Haunted Mansion playing cards.

Hitchhiking Ghosts Boxed

This ghostly trio are actually pretty articulate. Not that they talk (much), but they have elbow, knee, ankle, and wrist articulation which is more than the standard five points I'd expect. They have an appropriately spooky background behind them that would work just as well for them outside the box.

Hitchhiking Ghosts Box back

Oddly, the back of the box refers to them as Traveler Ghost, Skeleton Ghost, and Prisoner Ghost. I say oddly because as far as I know they are officially named Phineas, Ezra, and Gus respectively. But then I don't think a lot of the ghosts in the Mansion have proper names because they're usually just referred to as their defining trait.

Hitchhiking Ghosts Prisoner

Gus' ball and chain are attached by a small clip that goes around his ankle and it can be removed. Although he has neck articulation, he can't turn his head much due to the beard. I can't knock him for that though, it's a pretty common thing in the action figure world with beards or long hair. The loose clothing on these is interesting. It's molded from a pliable rubbery material instead of hard plastic.

Hitchhiking Ghosts Skeleton

Ezra is my favorite of the three probably because of his eternal skeletal grin. The taller figures have some torso articulation. Why they decided to put the rotation in the middle of the chest instead of the waist, I have no clue. This figure is based on the newer version of Ezra that appears in the ride, but I prefer the original version that was bald and had a smaller hat. The hats, on the two gents that have them, are perma-attached to their heads.

Hitchhiking Ghosts Skeleton Thumbs
Aaayyyyyyyy!
In my opinion, this hat looks ridiculously over-sized for him.

Hitchhiking Ghosts Traveler

Finally, here is Phineas with his bag packed and ready to go. The bag is an actual accessory and can be removed, unlike his hat!

Hitchhiking Ghosts Trio

And here they are all together waiting to follow you home! Well, chances are, you're already at home while you're reading this. Overall, the figures are pretty good for their $20 price point. They've got more articulation than you'd expect, although I don't necessarily know that you'd use it all. But maybe your Hitchhiking Ghosts get up to some crazy things and need the extra joints. If only I had a to scale Doombuggy that they could sit in/on top of.

And the best thing about them is when you turn out the lights...

Hitchhiking Ghosts Glowing Trio

Visit Creepmas.com for a complete list of participating blogs!

2 comments:

  1. Now these i just love! I might have to hunt down a set of these now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised they're not on the store anymore. I wonder if they were an October special or something. If you don't see them at Disney Store online, check DeliverEars.

      Delete