Oct 10, 2019

Halloween Web - John G

John is another fellow blogger that I've known for quite awhile. As much as you can "know" anyone you've only every communicated with over the internet anyway.


For those that don't know you, tell us a bit about yourself.

Not much to really tell , am a former toy blogger turned Instagram action figure picture taker...most folks from a certain time frame might remember my old " Clawful Punch" blog from years ago.

What was Halloween like for you as a kid?

I grew up in Louisville, Kentucky  and my childhood Halloween experiences were pretty much like any other kid's in that time frame, lots of kids going out at dark with there parents or other older family members hustling door to door for that sweet candy! Lol

Any specific memories you'd like to share?

I remember one Halloween getting a lame magic card trick from the last house we stopped at and being pretty mad about it...it's amazing how that one memory has stuck with me after all these years and yes I still get mad about it.

What about a favorite costume?

Sadly no old Halloween photos of me from my lost youth and favorite costume from back then? A Space 1999 from Ben Cooper and only because no one knew who the hell I was and I get a big laugh out of that now as a adult looking back.

Image from ClickAmericana

Do you do anything special to get in the Halloween mood?

I used to play Haunted House on a old Atari 2600 game console I had but now I just watch whatever old Universal Monster movie I can happen to find...and we don't really go out anymore for Halloween.

Why do you think we keep Halloween with us as we get older?

For me it's nostalgia and the found memories and feelings Halloween brings up. It's so different now than it was for those of us of that certain age. It truly was a magical time back then!

Inside the Spookster's Studio

The worst thing to get while trick or treating was  a lousy Magic Card trick!
My favorite thing to get was full size candy bars
My favorite monster cereal is Frankenberry 

Where can people find you online?

I'm lurking on Instagram as John_Gaither and can be seen along with the Collectors Dungeon Crew on Count Stankus YouTube channel.

A huge thanks to John for dropping in to chat with us!

If you check out the other Countdown to Halloween bloggers by clicking below, a ghost may follow you home!

No comments:

Post a Comment