Sep 26, 2011

Mail Order Monday - Lucky Rings (1955)

When I was a kid, the one thing I wanted more than anything from the capsule vending machines was a ring. Not the girly kind with a thin band and pastel "jewel" on it, no, I wanted something that looked like it was found in a pirate chest or from a dragon's treasure horde.

Of all the possible toys in those vending machines, the ring was the most useful. When you're a kid, you can get away with wearing a skull ring no matter where you go. You can also secretly point it at people and "shoot" them with it when they annoy you.  Plus, when you're playing, you can always work a magic ring into your story. If it was good enough for Bilbo and one of the Super-Friends (Green Lantern), it was good enough for me!

Not sure I believe the claim that the rings are made with "aircraft metal" but then they probably use aluminum in some part of the plane, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment