Sep 29, 2011

Countdown to 10/31 - Cakes!

I am an Autumn child. One of the best things about being born so late in September is that October is oh so close around the corner. For my 35th birthday, I decided to do something different from the usual cake. I went to the bakery with my wife and asked if they could decorate a cake like a tombstone. Partly to be morbid about turning 35 and partly to celebrate Halloween. Every year since, my wife has gotten me Halloween themed cakes for my birthday.

Halloween birthday cake
2011

Halloween birthday cake

Halloween birthday cake

Halloween birthday cake

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Buddy! You are so lucky to have a Autumn birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am but I wish it was just a couple days later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are so awesome! my birthday is tomorrow, and I can never convince the fam that a halloween cake would really, truly, be okay. they seem to think that halloween is a single day celebration.

    amateurs.

    ReplyDelete