May 1, 2013

Monthly Movie Review - April 2013

This is the shortest Monthly Movie Recap since I've been doing them. 
Who knew having a full time job would cut down so much on movie time?
As always, I appreciate your using of the links to shop Amazon!

*Wreck-It Ralph (2012) 
Still just as good at home as it was in the theater. There's some good features on the BluRay even though I was hoping for more coverage of all the Easter Eggs in the movie. When you pause the movie, Chris Hardwick comes on and points out some of them but there's only a handful of these informative bits. Also, where the hell is my Sugar Rush video game?!?


Lego Batman: The Movie DC Superheroes Unite (2013)
If you've already played LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes, you can probably skip this movie. It basically trims out all the mindless smashing and gives you the main story of the game.

Cool: Looks great in HD; other Justice Leaguers show up at the end
Lame: I still think Batman's a dick for having a kryptonite cache.
Rating: 6.5/10, possibly higher if I hadn't played the game. Kids should love it.


Noobz (2012)
This was actually better than I was expecting but I don't think it's a great movie. There are some really good pieces strung together with some ok stuff. Or maybe this is more of a movie for the young gamers.

Cool: The gas station scene with the little girl; Jon Gries (Uncle Rico) as a Billy Mitchell-like former Frogger champion is probably my favorite thing in the whole movie
Lame: Instead of making a generic game for the movie, they went all out and got Gears of War 3 so it kinda feels like a commercial at times.
Rating: 5.5/10

Month Total
 New: 2, Rewatch: 1

Year to Date
New: 36, Rewatch:1

No comments:

Post a Comment