Oct 17, 2019

Halloween Web - Myra Lee

Today we're chatting with Myra Lee, who's also a member of The Evil Streaks alongside Monday's guest, Rev.

Thanks for joining us! Please tell us a bit about yourself.

If you enjoy live music you might know me from some spooky little bands I have played in. I currently play guitar and sing in The Evil Streaks. I am also playing bass and harmonizing in backing vocals in Radio Compass. In the past I have played in Satan's favorite surf band, Gein and the Graverobbers and the all-ghoul garage/punk band, Ghouls Night Out. (Ed.: If you dig garage punk, absolutely check this album out!)

What was Halloween like for you as a kid?

I have great memories of Halloween. I lived on a navy base when I was really little, so there were a bunch of kids and families to hang around with on Halloween. When I got a little older (about 6 or 7) we lived in rural neighborhoods. My brother and I usually had homemade costumes and walk the block with the neighborhood kids for candy. If you watch E.T., the night they go out on Halloween always reminds me of my childhood.

Do you have any special Halloween memories?

I remember when In Living Color was popular and my mom dress up like Homey The Clown. hahaha I’ll never forget it. Also growing up my dad was involved in the local Jaycee’s haunted houses. Those were the scariest haunted houses I ever when through. I also got to act in them as a kid. So much fun!

What about favorite costumes?

I was a Devil when I was little - I think it was a hand-me-down costume from my brother, but I absolutely love it. And most recently I went as a skeleton.


How do you celebrate Halloween these days?

My husband and I go to Barrett’s Haunted mansion opening weekend every year in Abington, MA.  We try to go to as many local haunted houses as possible… Witches Woods, Spooky World, Scream Fest etc.  All of the Halloween movies are constantly played at my house in the background all of October. We always take a night to carve some pumpkins for our front stoop.  I love listening to Samhain in the morning on my way to work. It sets a great mood for my day driving by the foliage.

Why do you think we still enjoy Halloween as we get older?

All of the things I love are in reach. If you have a great costume, it is like being someone else for the night. I also just have great childhood memories of this time of year as a kid because my parents were really into it and involved in putting on the local haunted house growing up.

Inside the Spookster's Studio

The worst thing to get while trick or treating was homemade treats (because of the scare in the 80’s of having to check your candy)

My favorite thing to get was Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Snickers

My favorite monster cereal is Yummy Mummy


Where can folks hear you online?

Check out The Evil Streaks on Bandcamp and Facebook as well as Radio Compass on Bandcamp and Facebook.

Thanks to Myra Lee for rockin the Halloween Web!

If you check out the other Countdown to Halloween bloggers by clicking below, a ghost may follow you home!

1 comment: