Mar 1, 2017

Monthly Movie Recap - February 2017

Well, that was a quick month, wasn't it? 


I wrapped up Season 2 of Voltron and what a finale! I'm really glad I decided to give this a look since all I knew about it before was there are five lions that combine into a giant robot.

Also on Netflix, started Santa Clarita Diet and am LOVING it.
Funny and gory/gross? Yes, please!

What have you been watching? Let me know in the comments!

Everything is still awesome in the LEGO-verse! This was just a ton of fun. Kids will love it because it's LEGO and Batman, adults will appreciate the Bat-history and jokes. I've seen some people not liking the fact that the movie crosses into the wider LEGO-verse but I thought it was great.

Cool: Egghead cameo! All the Bat-references.
Lame: The only thing I didn't love in this movie was the Joker. That should never be a thing. You should never walk out of any Batman movie and think Joker was meh.

Rating: 9/10


Super (2010, Netflix)
The trailer makes it look a lot more humorous than it is. Not that it's not funny, because it is but it's more of a dark humor. I really like James Gunn's different takes on the superhero genre. If someone in the real world got it in their head to play Deadpool, it would be this movie.

Cool: You laugh but sometimes you're not sure if you should be
Lame: Being a real world superhero with no powers? Not fun.

Rating: 7/10

Finding Dory (2016, Netflix)
Pretty typical Pixar movie: beautiful to look at, fun for kids of all ages, and it has some emotional beats to it. Of course, when I say "typical Pixar" what I mean is it's standing above most "regular" movies.

Cool: Gerald the sea lion might be my new favorite Pixar character
Lame: No complaints here!

Rating: 8/10


Kill Command (2016, Netflix)
The trailer pretty much tells you everything you need to know. What it lacks in story or sci-fi ethical dilemmas it makes up for in action. I guess I was expecting something more Black Mirror and less straight horror movie in its stylings.

Cool: Plenty of action
Lame: The horror movie-like ending

Rating: 6/10

Month Total
 New: 4  Rewatch:0

Year Total
 New: 9  Rewatch: 1

2 comments:

  1. When I first saw the trailers for Super I wanted to see it immediately. It looked so funny. Then people started getting bashed in with wrenches, and I found myself enjoying the film for a different reason. Like you said...You laugh, but you're not sure you should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Dwight Schrute in Super. Took the kids to the drive in to see Finding Dory and we all enjoyed it! Really want to see Lego Batman, maybe this weekend?

    ReplyDelete