May 12, 2015

Hallmark 2015 Dream Book

Ah May, the snow if finally melting and soon it will be the unofficial start of summer. So of course, what better time than to start thinking about Christmas ornaments?

We received our annual catalog of tree danglers recently so I thought I'd share some of the more pop culture related things that would probably be of interest to a typical reader. While there's plenty of recent offerings, there's a healthy dose of 70s/80s nostalgia because let's face it, we're the ones with the money, right? Or we're supposed to be...

Hallmark 2015 Beetlejuice

Unfortunately, I don't think Hallmark has done an official Burton Batman because it'd be cool to hang him side by side with this guy! Now if they could just make the waiting room couch with the head hunter.

Hallmark 2015 Wonder Woman

Now, I"m not a huge Wonder Woman fan, but this is not just Wonder Woman. This is Lynda Carter Wonder Woman! And if that's not enough for you, it plays the theme song.

Hallmark 2015 6MDM

Continuing the 70s TV nostalgia is Col. Steve Austin in his iconic red track suit. As much as I like the show's theme song (the 70s and 80s had some of the best!), it's a missed opportunity to not have it play bionic sounds, isn't it?

Hallmark 2015 Groot

Will people still not have enough Groot by Christmas? No, no they will not. Of course it plays the Jackson 5 song, but it would have been cool if they could have worked a little arm motion into it or something. I can only imagine how much it would cost then!

Hallmark 2015 Megatron

I have never liked this form of Megatron. Sure he looks cool in the cartoon but in the real world, his robot form looks like you could knock him over pretty easy. Seriously, compare the robot forms of Prime and Megatron. One if clearly superior! Still, it's good to get a classic representation of the toy line instead of something from the Bayformers universe.

Hallmark 2015 80s

It's time to play "One of These Things is Not Like the Other"!
I bet Kenny Loggins never imagined he'd have two holiday ornaments that played his music.

Hallmark 2015 Trio

How's this for a terrific trio? I wonder if Daryl will be flying off the shelves? I know a certain Cool & Collected person will be thrilled about Dr Zaius. I find it interesting that Hallmark has done an Alien and now a Predator, both characters from R rated movies.

Hallmark 2015

I know some people can't stand Star Wars things like this. I kind of dig it but I think the hat and sweater together are too much. If they left off the hat, it would have sold the turtleneck much better. I'm interested to find out what "holiday message" he will impart.

Hallmark 2015

It seems like they've discontinued the Lego minifig ornaments, so I guess Hallmark just doesn't like me anymore. But what I am very excited for is the Zeb ornament from Star Wars: Rebels. He's my favorite character on the show and I'm surprised they did him as the first character from the show.

Also of note, in the lower right, are two upcoming ornaments based on the new movie. I'm guessing one will probably be BB-8, the soccer ball droid that's taking the world by storm. What will the other be? Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment