Aug 28, 2024

Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Minifigs

 The latest wave of LEGO blind packed minifigs has arrived from the realm of Dungeons & Dragons! With 2024 being the 50th anniversary of D&D and the recent release of the incredible Red Dragon's Tale set, this minifig series couldn't come at a better time.


When I saw someone on Reddit post they found them recently, I went on the hunt. Suprisingly, my local LEGO store didn't have them yet and I ended up finding them at Walmart. I usually try to limit my minifig collecting to those that are Halloween/horror/monster themed and there are definitely some in this series that fit that bill. Which is not to say there aren't a couple more I want to pick up!


Another Redditor posted that OMG Bricks has a phone app that not only allows you to track your collection but can scan QR codes on the boxes to let you know what's inside! I'm so glad I had this. There were around 20 packs and many of them were the same. Had I picked a few at random, I'm pretty sure I would have gotten a duplicate. There were three of the twelve that I didn't see at all.

Let's open em up after the break!


I swear these blind packed minifigs get better with every release. The detail they put on them has been outstanding. Not only do these have detail on the front and back but also on the arms. Many (all?) of the characters with traditional size heads have two portraits. The "Player Character" figs have male/female options which is really cool. This series also has a new cobblestone base plate.

This is Tasha the Witch Queen. If that name is familiar to you, you probably know her from the spell Tasha's Hideous Laughter. 


She comes with a cauldron and spellbook with her namesake spell. Her hat and hair is all a single piece. Her hair is amazing from the ringlets to the windswept back, just *chef's kiss*


Had I not just spent untold hours playing Baldur's Gate 3, I may have passed on the Mind Flayer. The outfit details are hidden by its tentacles but it resembles what you see in the game. And how can you pass up the cutest little Intellect Devourer? As I'm writing this, I just realized I have his lower half on backwards!

 
The last figure I picked up (because I couldn't find the others I wanted!), is none other than Count Strahd von Zarovich, vampire lord. Another knock it out of the park minifig in terms of costume details. He comes with a sword, goblet, and a rat. He also has an alternate, less aggressive portrait.


I'm still on the hunt for the Aarakocra Ranger (6), Gityanki Warlock (2) and Tiefling Sorcerer (3). They don't really fit under the Halloween/horror restriction but the Aarakockra just looks awesome and I love magic users. And I may need to get the Red Wizard of Thay turned lich, Szass Tam (11) who I initially thought was Vecna.

1 comment: