Mar 20, 2024

Trick R Treat - Sam's 15 Anniversary Collection

Now that Saint Pat's day has passed, we can finally talk about...Halloween! Just kidding, I don't need an excuse to talk about Halloween any time of the year.
 
 
I recently received this gorgeous beast from a Kickstarter campaign. Now, I didn't have the $1500 to spare to get drawn into the book (how amazing that would have been!) but I also didn't go for the bare bones digital version either. These days, I have to feel like something is really worth it to get a physical copy and this definitely did not disappoint!

 
The main attraction is this hardcover, oversized graphic novel with over 260 pages of Halloween goodness. It includes the original comic adaptation of the movie and the sequel graphic novel (Trick R Treat: Days of the Dead). Plus, the KS exclusive version has a brand new story by Michael Dougherty and a slipcase, which is under the book in the above pic. It didn't come out great in my photo but the book has the movie logo at the top in an orange shiny foil.
 
 
 Also included is this set of 3 enamel pins by Hot Topic artist M. Victoria Robado.
 
 
And this pearlescent print titled "Halloween Carving" created by Michael Dougherty.
 
But that's not all!
 
Thanks to other Halloweirdos like me, the campaign killed all its stretch goals, adding even more tricks and treats.


Starting in the top left is a bookplate sticker signed by Sam's creator, Michael Dougherty. I'm still debating on whether I'm going to actually stick this in my book or not. I'm a little worried about preserving the autograph. Next to that is a ghostly Trick R Treater vinyl sticker, also designed by Dougherty. And finally a lollipop shaped bookmark. I kinda love that Sam's lollipop has become such a symbol of Halloween now.

 
The bottom of the Trick R Treat bag brings another pearlescent print by artist Christopher Shy. This one is a little mysterious as they didn't give a name for it.

Only 225 days to go!

2 comments: