Aug 23, 2017

Star Wars Kinder Suprise Eggs

This past weekend I visited my parents in my hometown, which may sound like a journey from my phrasing but really it's about a 60-90 minutes drive. Anyway, while walking around what's left of the local mall, we passed the big candy store. Not usually much to get excited about, until I saw some Kinder Surprise in the display window. 

That was pretty exciting on its own because I got a few many years ago and they toys were pretty neat. Until recently they were illegal in the US thanks to a 1938 law prohibiting the sale of any candy with an embedded toy or trinket. But then, among the display, I saw
Star Wars ones!


I went into the store and scanned the wall behind the registers where they keep the precious chocolate eggs with a surprise inside. Not only did they have the generic main brand but licensed ones like Barbie, Transformers (the current CGI cartoon version), and Scooby-Doo (tempting!). And then my eyes came to rest on the 24-count display box of Star Wars...

Empty!

I asked the girl at the counter if they had any more. They did not. I then nicely asked if they could sell the ones in the window. She went out back and checked, came back, and got them out of the display window for me.

Victory!

I unwrapped them and cracked the delicious chocolate eggs open.


Each one has a capsule inside holding the surprise. I'm guessing the capsule cuts down on the chance that someone doesn't bite into the egg and ingest small parts. Plus, they're made in such a way that they will not open on their own.

Here's what I got.


I wasn't expecting anything super fantastic but I have to admit I was a little disappointed. Sometimes the fun comes from actually finding something you weren't expecting to and the anticipation of what it could be.

 The clone trooper is an eraser. The Lando head is from a UK toy line called Wikkeez. I had to do a bit of Googling to figure that out as I couldn't find information on this specific wave of Kinder Eggs. But now that I'm looking at the paper that each came with, it does mention Wikkeez but it's not mentioned in any sort of context.

Wikkeez are similar to Crazy Bones from the 90s. Remember those? It's a game piece and you pretty much make up your own games to play, although they suggest a few to try.

Nothing against Lando, but out of the 20 Star Wars characters, I probably would prefer any other one. Even Wicket.

No comments:

Post a Comment