Nov 12, 2013

Brick Warriors LEGO Accessories

Hey everyone! We're back after taking a week off to recover from the 31 days of Halloween posting. Ok, I'm lying a little. The League of Extraordinary Bloggers challenge last week featured a new auction from Hake's Americana and I could not pass that up!

I know there's a number of LEGO fans among the readers so I thought I'd share a recent discovery, whether or not it's new to you may be a different story.

I was browsing Five Below over the weekend and found what I thought was going to be another blind bag LEGO minifig knockoff line...


Turns out, it's actually a line of LEGO compatible accessories! The back of the bags are transparent so you can see what you're getting for your $2.99. They have quite an assortment of items ranging from fantasy, sci-fi, post apocalyptic, wild west and more. There are different weapons, armor and accessories from each period.

Although they don't say it, the items in each pack are usually all of the same theme. They also come in different colors which might make finding just the right piece a little time consuming as you look at all the bags.

One of the really cool parts is this Ogre Armor that lets you create a two-headed minifig.


If this kind of thing interests you, I highly recommend hitting the Brick Warriors website. There you can see all the different pieces they make and you can order individual parts in your choice of available colors.

Brick Warriors LEGO compatible accessories

6 comments:

  1. I saw these on my last trip to Five Below and i thought these will be going over like gang busters for the Lego crowd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also saw some LEGO compatible decals at TRU. Don't remember the company but they have sheets of decals for minifigs that allow you to change their clothes as it were. Pretty cool idea!

      Delete
  2. Huh, interesting idea! The Ogre armor is pretty neat. I don't know though, I'm a bit of a LEGO purist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing at first but the more I looked at them and saw the color options available online, I think it's a great way to get more customizing options for minifigs. As someone that's put together a couple of customs, I can say the more options, the better!

      Delete
    2. I can't argue with that. I remember when I was a kid I'd make felt capes for my figs. Those were the days. :)

      Delete
    3. The good ol days when yellow was the only skin color haha

      Delete