Sep 10, 2012

Mail Order Monday - Trix Bike Safety (1975)

Trix rabbit bicycle safety comic book ad 1975

Turns out the one thing that rabbit wasn't silly about is bicycle safety! For the low price of $1.50 (and two proofs of purchase) you can get a book published by the National Safety Council, which doesn't look like it features the Trix rabbit and sounds boring, and a sweet flag for your bike, which does feature the Trix rabbit!

On a somewhat related note, I had a teacher in 5th grade named Mr. Presbrey. I have very vague memories of him for the most part...it was a long time ago! I remember his salt and pepper hair and mustache, his glasses and that he was a funny guy. But the thing I remember most about it him is that he was a fantastic artist.

Whenever a major holiday rolled around, he would use the smaller blackboard on the side of the room to create a holiday themed picture with colored chalk. It was just once scene but it took up the entire chalkboard. Featured in every scene would be a busty blonde he named Trixie (see? I said it was somewhat related). Inappropriate for 5th graders in the late '70s? Probably, but he was a great artist.


3 comments:

  1. Where I come from, you'd have gotten your ass kicked for having a flag like that on your bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think it would be ok when you're younger.

      Delete
  2. I seem to recall seeing this ad a long long time ago.

    ReplyDelete