Sep 21, 2012

Judge Dredd - Mutants in MegaCity 1

Lots of people are likely familiar with Anthrax's 1987 ode to Judge Dredd, "I Am the Law." But did you know there was another song about the futuristic lawman released two years before that?
 
The recent TV ads for the new movie Dredd dragged this nearly forgotten bit of music trvia from my brain. My stepdad is an album and comic book collector so it's not really surprising that he had this in his collection.

The single "Mutants in Mega-City One" was released by two members of the band Madness calling themselves The Fink Brothers. There were three versions released, two 7" versions (one of which is a picture disc) and a 12" version. Side B features the track Mutant Blues which I don't think is as fun as the main track.

The Fink Brothers Mutants in MegaCity One Judge Dredd album

The back of the album features the lyrics to the song and has some great artwork as well.

The Fink Brothers Mutants in MegaCity One Judge Dredd album back

Check out the below video to hear the song



          

5 comments:

  1. IIRC, it was published on ''Zarjaz'' Records and the band was actually made up of members of Madness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I should've started the video before I posted. :)

      Delete
  2. Thats awesome! I gotta get that! Its funny but I was introduced to Dredd by Anthrax putting out that song, and when I started reading the comics I was hooked! Madness does this one? Isnt that the band that did "One step Beyooooonnnndddd" back in the 80's?

    ReplyDelete