Dec 14, 2015

Funko Smuggler's Bounty Box

Welcome to (mostly) Star Wars Week! I'll be posting related content leading up to the release of The Force Awakens.

First up is the Smuggler's Bounty from Funko.  A few months ago Funko tossed their hat into the subscription box ring starting with a Marvel box. And now they offer a box of Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars!


I enjoy getting my Loot Crate every month but seeing this on the door step just really gets you excited to open it! The Death Star wall pattern on the box gives it an extra Star Wars-i-ness.

Let's pop it open, shall we?


They put the box together in an interesting way so that there is sort of a shelf as soon as you flip the top back. On the left is a First Order TIE squadron patch and opposite that is a Kylo Ren pin. Let me get in a little closer for you.


I haven't translated the Aurabesh writing on either of them yet. Although these items are in plastic bags, they are slit open on a side and the pin had escaped its bag.


Next is a First Order Stormtrooper Pop lanyard. I almost wish I worked somewhere that I had to wear a badge to get around so I could use this.


An exclusive Phasma Pop t-shirt! If you zoom in, you can see the printed tag that says it's a Smuggler's Bounty exclusive shirt. I love this shirt and Phasma is one of my favorite new characters. Unfortunately, Funko is using athletic fit (20-something) instead of classic fit (40-something) and I will never be able to wear it.


These last couple things are probably the most exciting: exclusive Pop Vinyls! There are two different TIE Pilots, this one and a Special Forces one that has a red stripe. Each box randomly has one or the other. You can see the box is marked as an exclusive so if you're all in on these, it might be a little pricey to obtain the one you didn't get.


As much as I like Phasma, I haven't bought her Pop Vinyl. There was just something about it that didn't appeal to me. I think I figured it out. This exclusive is chromed out and it's awesome! This is the kind of thing that makes a grown man squee (on the inside).

Despite the shirt, getting a box of all Star Wars stuff is fantastic. I may have been a little less enthused if not for the chrome Phasma but I'm going to keep my subscription for at least another month to see what's coming in the Resistance box in a couple months. 
What can I say? I'm a Rebel boy at heart.

2 comments:

  1. These little guys look like the star war equivalents of baby loony tunes - baby star wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it's kinda hard to tell with these being in armor but the human ones are even more cutesy looking.

      Delete