Aug 29, 2014

August 2014 Loot Crate - Heroes


Hot on the trail of last month's Villains Loot Crate are the Heroes!
The theme for this month starts before you even crack open the box.

Loot Crate August 2014 Box

Hmmm, that looks like a street with an open manhole cover.
I wonder what could be inside?

Loot Crate August 2014 TMNT Box

BAM! Turtle lair!
I was pretty impressed with the Villains taking over the inside of the box last month, but this is a whole new level. I hope they continue to think inside the box in the future.

You should probably click on that so you can get a better view, there's all kinds of crazy detail in there. Next to the video game, there's a Guardians of the Galaxy poster. To the left of the couch is a punching bag. Behind the couch is a weapon storage area with all the things an aspiring martial reptile could want. The rug in front of the couch is actually a little fold back flap to make the couch a bit more 3D so you can put someone on it.

Loot Crate August 2014 TMNT Box closeup

Here's a closer view of the couch and interior right wall. There's a Harley Quinn poster on the wall which was in the Crate last month. I wonder who put that up? My money's on Mikey. The Konami Code is always inside the box, but I'll let you in on a little secret: if you go to Lootcrate.com and enter the code, you might uncover something.

Loot Crate August 2014 minimag

Here's the monthly mini-mag full of heroic goodness. There's a two page spread recapping the origins of a handful of heroes, and article on what it means to be a hero, pics taken by Looters, and a couple of puzzle pages for fun.

It links nicely with the Villains cover.

July/August Loot Crate covers

Let's get to the goods!

Loot Crate August 2014 TMNT

Of course there's TMNT stuff in the Crate! They did send out the bandanna sunglasses and figures in all flavors. The Kidrobot figure is pretty cool. The "Ooze Action" is just a coating on the weapons that makes them glow in the dark. No sticky, messy goo here. In addition to the Turtles, there are Splinter and Shredder figures in the line.

Loot Crate August 2014 Shwings

I've never heard of Shwings before but they have quite an assortment of styles to choose from to spruce up your kicks. I'm not planning on getting doused in chemicals that have been hit by lightning so I won't be using these on my sneaks in the near future. I said I'm not planning on it, but if it should somehow happen, I"m open to it.

There's also a MegaMan air freshener, the monthly button with mini-mag cover art, and a Deadpool inspired cereal box magnet. Interesting that Deadpool showed up in Villains last month and Heroes this month!

Loot Crate August 2014 Groot in sewer

And here is the star of the month! They probably should call this month GrootCrate, but it would have ruined the surprise. This Pop! vinyl bobblehead from Funko was made exclusively for LootCrate subscribers. And that's all they've been talking about since he got leaked online. In case you haven't been looking for Guardians of the Galaxy merch like I have, Groot toys are super-hot right now. The regular, non-exclusive Groot Pop! figure is going for more than three times retail on Ebay right now!
Hold out if you want one, more are coming.

Loot Crate August 2014 Groot 2

Groot being Groot, he insisted on being shot out in the wild. What makes this Groot special (I mean, other than him being Groot!) is his mossy coloring and glow in the dark left hand to simulate his glowing performance in the movie. The normal Groot looks like this. I also like the twigs on top of his head. They could have just done the head without them and it would still look great but I think they give him even more character.

A huge thanks to the awesome inhabitants of Loot Crate for sending me this product to review. I really look forward to these every month! If you want to get cool geeky swag in your mail every month, head over to Loot Crate and sign up with code "AEIOUWHY" for 10% your order. Get on board for September's Galactic Crate!

Here's one more shot just because I had so much fun with Groot. If you haven't pre-ordered the Dancing Groot Pop! yet, I have a feeling the first wave might sell out quick.

Loot Crate August 2014 Groot

1 comment:

  1. I so want one of those Kidbot Turtles! If you ever want to part with yours Dex let me know buddy. : )

    ReplyDelete