Dec 31, 2012

LEGO Monster Fighters - Coffin Car 30200

I picked up this polybag set awhile ago but with Halloween, Christmas and everything between I hadn't had a chance to post it yet. The Coffin Car is a Toys R Us exclusive set that was offered for free if you spent X amount on LEGOs or you could just buy it for $5.49.
It's a little pricey for a 32 piece set but worth it. If it were sold anywhere else, I figure it would have been around $4.

LEGO Monster Fighters 30200 - Coffin Car

I gave up trying to photograph the bag and scanned it, still didn't come out great but you can see it. The body of the car is made from a coffin-shaped piece which is what makes the vehicle worth getting. There's also flame-spitting exhaust pipes in the back.

lego monster fighter coffin car 30200 zombie

Here you have a better look at the Coffin Car's driver: a zombie chauffeur! Most of his skin is grey. His right hand is brown so I'm guessing he must have had it replaced at some point. It would have been great if the hat was the same color as his uniform.

There was a similar exclusive set only available from the LEGO Store which was Zombie Car #40076. I'm not sure if they let you buy these sets without the minimum purchase you'd need to make though. It has the same zombie figure and the minifigs are the only reason I get these small sets anyway so I'm not too worried about missing out on this one.


Since this zombie has a shovel, I imagine the buggy ramping over hills in a cemetery while he's looking for graves to dig up. It also came with a glow-in-the-dark spider which is pretty neat.

1 comment: