May 4, 2012

League Post - Sweet Ride!

Friday Funnies is taking a break this week to bring you the League of Extraordinary Bloggers... 

This week, the League of Extraordinary bloggers tackle the question:
Besides the Batmobile, what is the sweetest ride cruising the streets of pop culture?
Like most assignments, this one is hard to pin down because there are so many cool answers. And really, if you asked me this in a month or a week my answer would probably be different.

In honor of May the 4th Be With You day, I'm going to come at it from a Star Wars perspective. That, and I think if I didn't blog about Star Wars today my geek cred would take a hit.

Sure the obvious choice is the Millennium Falcon, the pimpmobile of the Star Wars galaxy. I even like Luke's landspeeder and almost went with speederbikes because let's face it, they rock.

"I used to bullseye womprats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters." - Luke Skywalker, A New Hope (or as I call it, Star Wars)

Here's a shot of the T-16 Skyhopper from the movie. Luke is holding a model of it and you can see the full sized one parked in the garage behind R2.
While Luke's landspeeder is more like a station wagon, the Skyhopper is the hot rod you work on in the garage and go racing in with your buddies. It was featured in the Marvel comics series and it also "appears" in the radio drama where Luke is racing it through Beggar's Canyon. It just seems like it would be a fun vehicle to mess around in, especially if you're stuck on a desert planet!


To come back to more Earthly rides, there's a plethora of TV/movie vehicles. Heck, just the 80s' has enough to dedicate an entire blog to. I'm going to go with something a little more recent because I hardly ever use the words "damn sexy" to describe an automobile...

The 1967 Chevrolet Impala from Supernatural, aka the Metallicar

Runner up from cartoon land is the Chan Clan van. You can see it in action here



Check out other League member's postings
Branded in the 80s says "Get to the choppa!" in more ways than one
Working in a memorabilia auction house has benefits as Fong Sam will tell you
Memories of Toymorrow tells the hosers to take off, eh?

You can find links to all the replied over at Cool and Collected

No comments:

Post a Comment