Mar 23, 2012

League Post - Zombie Fun Squad

Yep, I'm a little late to the party this week...because I was pouring the cement for my zombie-proof bunker! The League of Extraordinary Bloggers wants to know...
Which TV or movie hero do you want beside you when the zombie apocalypse arrives?
I'm going to take a little artistic interpretation with the question, because why stop at one? 
Here is my Zombie Fun Squad.

There are literally too many to choose from! My first thoughts went to Star Wars, maybe a Jedi? But how would that work? Can zombies be sensed in the Force? And won't a lightsaber attract zombies like bugs to a bug-zapper?

Then I went to The Walking Dead, maybe Rick or Darryl? Neither is afraid to do what needs to be done and are great in the clutch. But they're also both pretty grim, which I can't blame them for. It's just if there is a zombie apocalypse, I want to have as much fun as possible before it comes down to putting a bullet in my head.

So I started thinking...who would I want to have my back that would be fun to hang out with?
Yep, Tallahassee from Zombieland would be my go to guy. He's good with any kind of weapon, street smart and funny. Of course we may run into a problem divvying up any Twinkies we find but it'd be a small price to pay. I'm not going to lie, Ash was a strong contender but the reality is I think his "Ash-ness" would grate on me after awhile.

Next up, every group needs a tank. Someone that can take punishment and hold the line.
For that, you can't go wrong with the T-800 from Terminator 2. You might have to slather him in blood to attract the zombies but they won't be taking him down anytime soon! Why not the T-1000? He doesn't seem to have much of a personality. Plus, think about Tallahassee teaching the T-800 how to be more human...hilarity ensues!

Because I'm really struggling deciding on a fourth to round out the squad, I'm going with...
Princess Vespa from Spaceballs! 
Hey, zombie apocalypse or not, it's always good to have an attractive woman at your side that can handle a weapon like Rambo!

Post Note: The day after I posted this I had stopped thinking about it when the final member I should have chosen came to me. I was so focused on movies that I'd forgotten about TV completely...(and if I were watching the latest Nikita show, she'd probably be here instead).

Sidney Bristow (Jennifer Garner) from Alias


Other League Member's Posts
Life With Fandom calls on someone with two hearts!
Tupa's Treasures chooses the ultimate jury-rigger!
and Revenge from the Cosmic Ark picks someone I should steal for my fourth!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent picks and we might be fighting over Cherry lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aside from Sarah Connor and Ripley I couldn't really come up with a butt kicking female. Then that scene in Spaceballs popped in my head!

      Delete
  2. The perfect Zombie Squad. I love the Princess Vespa pick for obvious reasons. ;)

    ReplyDelete