Jun 26, 2024

Marvel Legends - Clea

 The long time love, now wife, of Dr. Strange has finally been immortalized in plastic in the Marvel Legends line! Apparently she's a hot commodity if eBay prices are anything to go by. I got lucky and ordered her from Amazon UK for just $5 over retail with free shipping.


If you've been around long enough, you'll know Dr Strange is my absolute, all time favorite Marvel character...well, maybe my favorite hero. On any given day Doctors Strange and Doom could be holding the top spot.

I've been a fan of Strange for I don't know how long so finally getting Clea is such a treat. You can read more of me reminiscing about my history with Strange here. Clea has been around almost as long as Strange himself and she's the niece of one of his oldest, most notorious foes: the Dread Dormammu!


I'm sad to say she suffers from D&D-itis in her left foot. Which is to say, the joint will not move into a normal position without applying some type of heat to it. This condition makes her impossible to stand up on her own without assistance. I'm presuming a little heat will fix the problem, if not I'm going to be really disappointed!


Her portrait is nice, if a little bored looking. She comes with two sets of hands (gesturing and fists) and a couple of the standard Legends magic effects. Hasbro, if you're not going to make new effects, can you at least make them in a color that doesn't exactly match her gloves?
 
She also comes with a Build a Figure arm and fist for a Mindless One. They reside in the Dark Dimension (Dormammu's home) and are basically a tank with a laser in jacked humanoid form. Because they're so closely associated with Dormammu and go back to Strange's early days, they're one of my favorite goon enemies. I'd love to put the figure together but not at the current cost.


Naturally, she will be hanging with the comic version of Strange. The funky designs on her leggings have been part of her look since her very first appearance in Strange Tales #126 from August 1964. Of course the costume has evolved, along with her hairstyle, over the years.

I had to check my Strange because I was really hoping his cloak was removable so I could have Clea wear it (it's not). In recent years, following the "death" of Dr. Strange she literally took up his mantle of Sorcerer Supreme of Earth. It's probably too much to hope we'd get a Sorcerer Supreme Clea figure but I would love to get her in this outfit.


I was going through my Bag o' Marvel Legends parts to see if any of Strange's accessories would work well with Clea for a pic and stumbled on this lil red dragon that came with Magik and thought he'd fit right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment