Jul 13, 2023

12 Year Blog-iversary

 Initially, I wasn't even going to do a celbration post this year. Twelve is one of those weird tween years where you're a couple years into double digits but not quite a teenager. Thirteen is where it's at! But, once I decided to do this post, there was only one image that would be worthy to kick it off.


If you can't hear this image, you probably had a terrible childhood.

Over the years, I've made 1324 posts which averages to 110 per year! I try to do one a week and every day in October, taking most of September off to prep.

The all time Top 10 posts stayed the same but the order shook up a little bit.


I do actually enjoy doing these annual posts because I'll always remember certain things about my life at the time I started the blog. 

I was between jobs and had recently started a new contract position. A couple days after starting, my agency called to tell me the company didn't want me back. The agency wasn't forth coming with details but would start looking for another job. My boss was a cool guy around my age and also a huge geek, pretty much a requirement to work in IT. I called him to find out what happened (probably against contracting rules or something but hey I needed the job!). 

Apparently the company and the agency hadn't agreed on my pay rate. When the company found out what the agency said I would be getting, they cut me loose. I already mentioned my boss was a cool guy but he went to bat for me after knowing me for like a week and told the higher ups I would be worth it and I was back to work the following week. He probably isn't reading this but if he is, thanks Nick! You have no idea how much that may have changed my life!

Anyway, enough about me. Enjoy this trip down memory lane (if you had a good childhood) while we celebrate 12 years.




7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blogiversary. I enjoy reading it. A lots happened along the way. Here's to another 12 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! You're one of the people I can count on one hand that I know drops in regularly

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We'll have to see how many more there are lol

      Delete