May 17, 2023

Had That Toys & Collectibles

 
After it opening about two years ago, I finally stopped in to Had That, a toys/collectibles shop in Salem. It's not like it's out of the way, it's only about a 15 minute drive from my house but it became one of those things where you drive by and say "Oh yeah, have to check that out some time" and then you don't. Mrs Dex and I had a day off during the week and were in the area so we decided that was the day.


It's not a large place but it is packed with all kinds of nostalgia! While it's mostly toys, they do have a few short boxes of comics and a display case with the latest Pokemon cards.



We talked to the owner, who is 38, and he said he got the collecting bug when he was 10 and just about everything in the store is stuff he's collected! Don't worry, he still has a personal collection that he's not selling. He also does consigment and has some shelves that people can rent to put their stuff on sale.


 This was one of the most "wow" things I saw, an Odyssey home video game system in the original box. Video game history!


An absolutely incredible Mego collection!


For those days when you run out of web fluid and public transportation just won't cut it.


So. Many. Action figures! 


And I didn't even get a photo of the display case with a whole lot of vintage Star Wars figures. To clarify, because I'm old, when I say vintage SW, I mean the original Kenner stuff from the 70s/80s, not stuff from 20 years ago. He's also got a small army of about 30 Battle Beasts, which is one of my favorite toy lines.


Yup, he's even got a USS Flagg but I"m more impressed with the boxed AT-AT and carded Battlestar Galactica figures on the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment