Apr 19, 2023

Hasbro Dungeons & Dragons - Venger & DungeonMaster

 Finally getting around to wrapping up wave 1 of Hasbro's Dungeons & Dragons animated figures and we've got the biggest for last: Venger and DungeonMaster.


Two figures for double the cost, how can you go wrong? If you're lucky, you might be able to find them at 50% at Target. I learned my lesson with pre-ordering all these figures. I could have easily gotten the entire wave at clearance price so no pre-ordering wave 2.


DM is a solid figure and I mean that quite literally! He has no legs and his torso just kind of goes all the way down to his feet, which are also melded into the body. No issues with the shoulder or wrist joints which are the only articulation. He's a cool little figure that I'd keep on my desk at work if that was an acceptable thing to do. Now I feel like I need to get a Black Series Yoda so they can hang out together.
 

Venger is a big dude and looks just as wicked as you'd want. He's got two pairs of hands: evil gesturing and energy blasting. The wings are a separate piece and can be a little tricky to plug into his back where you might have to line up the hole in the figure and the hole in his cowl. I'm not a fan of the side-eye look they gave him. He looks like he's at a Goth club and trying to be the coolest guy...but trying not to look like he cares. Happy to say most of the articulation is good and I had no trouble swapping hands.


However, his feet are kind of stuck in this position until I can warm them up to try and not break them when I move them. Luckily, the robe helps stand him up. It is a soft plastic so you can move it a bit but he won't be sitting on his Nightmare steed anytime soon.


Inside the box is also a folding three panel backdrop showing the carnival. It was just too big for me to photograph so here's DM next to it to give an idea just how big it is. It looks amazing and if I had the space to display it in all it's glory, I'd definitely use it as a backdrop with the figures.

 
For no real reason at all, here's all the dice that have come with the figures so far. When I was seeing them individually, I didn't think they were consistent with the coloring but they definitely are.


To wrap up wave one, here's the whole gang together.

2 comments:

  1. I broke my Venger's foot off immediately. :-(

    Still - a cool set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definitely seen a few online where the same thing happened.

    ReplyDelete