Jul 30, 2018

Egyptian Glyph Playing Cards

I got this deck recently from a Kickstarter campaign so I thought I'd show it off.


 There were two decks available, Egyptian and Aztec. Nothing against the Aztecs, I've just always been drawn to Egyptian hieroglyphs. Sure, Aztecs have some cool temples and human sacrifice but you think Egypt and it's all pyramids, tombs, treasure, and mummies. Maybe I just watched too many monster movies on Saturday afternoons as a kid.


I like the deck but I would have preferred something more dynamic. Sometimes I feel like I'm looking at the equivalent of Egyptian clip art. Then again, maybe I'm missing the point of what this is supposed to be.


The one thing that I am not a fan of in this deck are the Jacks. The horizontal artwork being mirrored on the cards just doesn't feel right.


And the Queen of Diamonds...I can't tell what all is going on there. I think she and her King are a little too busy in their art and my eye doesn't know where it should be going.

I feel like I've done a lot of complaining about this deck but I really do like it! The Aces are fantastic, I like the font used, and the cards all have a sandy background to them adding to the desert feel.


My favorite thing about the Kickstarter was being able to add this pair of dice to my reward. They look even better in person!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm like those queen of diamonds but your right what is up with the J's not a fan as well. But the deck looks good and the dice are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's like Egyptian Centipede or something lol

      Delete