Feb 24, 2015

Kickstarter - Now Playing: Underrated Movies We Recommend

A long time ago in a galaxy not so far away, I discovered the Star Wars Action News (SWAN) podcast that discussed all aspects of Star Wars collecting. At the time it was, as far as I know, the only podcast dedicated to the topic.


I've been listening to it for years now and I've even met the hosts at a couple of conventions. In recent years the man behind the podcast, Arnie Carvalho, has created his own mini-podcast empire under the name Venganza Media. The shows now include Marvelicious Toys (Marvel comics collectibles), Books & Nachos (book reviews),
 and Now Playing Podcast (movie reviews).

They've recently launched a Kickstarter to bring Now Playing into print.
Well, digital print, anyway.



I've been listening to Now Playing since it began. Initially because I really like the people behind it and I always check out anything they do. I stayed because it's a fun show. I even listen to shows where they review movies I haven't seen yet because I like the discussions. That, and I have a 90 minute round-trip commute and it gets lonely in my car.


They review everything from the latest in theaters to full-on franchise retrospectives like Friday the 13th and Alien. They're also doing an on going series to review every movie based on a Stephen King story. If that's not ambitious, I don't know what is!

The book, as they say in the video (you watched it, didn't you?) has the each of the hosts picking out movies they feel are under rated. For every 10% of their goal, they post a few more movies that will be covered in the book. You can check out the current list on the Kickstarter's comment page.

I know I'm pretty excited to see the final result and what movies they'll be talking about. If you think you might be interested, head on over to the Now Playing: Underrated Movies We Recommend Kickstarter page and throw some money at them. And if the reading about movies doesn't sound that interesting, check out the Now Playing movie review podcast. You're bound to find something to grab your attention there.

No comments:

Post a Comment