Nov 20, 2013

League Post - Gee, thanks

league of extraordinary bloggers Thanksgiving

The League of Extraordinary Bloggers has set a pretty straight forward assignment:

Next week, we gather to celebrate Thanksgiving. 
What are you thankful for this year?


Family
My parents, wife and her best friend are my immediate family and they're all great! I don't talk about it much here but I haven't had a long term, non-contract job since March of last year. This has sometimes meant months of being unemployed. If you've never been in that position, it's not a fun place to be. It's a time when you find out what you're made of on the inside, and how you can be your own worst enemy. No matter how bad you think you're job might suck, I can tell you it beats not having one. I'm sure when I become independently wealthy, that opinion will change.

I'm not the kind of guy that talks about feelings and junk, I deal with them on my own as  best I can. Is it healthy? Probably not. Anyway, my point is, I am truly thankful for my family and the support they've given me over the past year and a half or so, whether they realize they're doing it or not. Glob knows I don't tell them enough.


The Blogging/Online Community
My virtual friends that I only know from their blog posts, tweets and photos. This, of course, includes the League of Extraordinary Bloggers which is how I've gotten introduced to a lot of you out there. You guys give me a refuge from the "real world" where I can let my geek flag fly high and proud and be me.


My Life
While the cliche "at least you have your health" won't pay the bills, it at least means that I'm able bodied. I can go out in the world and experience it with all my senses.

I have a roof over my head and techie toys to help in my job search and keep me entertained.

I have a paid off car that will get me to that next job.

And hey, Creepmas is coming!

Other League Members To Be Added

9 comments:

  1. A mighty fine list! Hang in there with the job search, it can be rough! I have a crappy job, but like you said it's better than not having one.

    I'm way excited for Creepsmas! This will be my first ever Creepsmas celebration and I'm super stoked!

    Until then, Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, taking it day by day. It's not the first time I've been here so I'm a little better armed to take it on.

      Looking forward to Creepmas posts!

      Delete
  2. Been enjoying your blog ever since I stumbled upon The League. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's always good to hear and a happy turkey day to you!

      Delete
  3. The collector community is an awesome one! Wishing you and everyone else a prosperous new year.

    ReplyDelete