Mar 13, 2014

League Post - Obsession

Despite a lengthy break that could have spelled the end of the League of Extraordinary Bloggers, we are back! Better, stranger, faster!

The topic for discussion this week is current obsessions. I don't really have anything I'm going absolutely crazy for right now, but these couple things are close.

Cherry Limeade


Whether it's a scorching summer day or the middle of March when we should be having more Spring-like weather (you HEAR me up there?!?), anytime is a good time for cherry limeade. I tend to average a trip to Sonic about once a week for the sole purpose of this beverage.
And I've recently discovered...


I don't think I've been so addicted to a "kids" drink since Ecto Cooler. I've been meaning to grab some Sprite to mix with the Kool Aid to give it the carbonation of its Sonic cousin.

Pepe and Rizzo Stop for Gas

My second obsession is a commercial I love and loathe at the same time. Although the Muppets were schilling on TV before I was born, I'm not sure how I feel about them selling cars. At the end of the day though, I don't think I'll care as long as they continue to be funny and entertaining. The fact that they with Toyota is far from my mind when watching this.


First, Pepe the King Prawn is my absolute favorite character to come out of Muppets Tonight. He's easily in my top 5 Muppets, maybe even right behind Uncle Deadly.

The parts I love:
0:26 - "It's not ice cream."
0:50 - Pepe beeping the horn. What he's hitting it with, I'm not sure.
1:20 - Teriyaki Towwwwwwn!

Welcome fantastic, first time poster The Dusty Shelf to the League!
Monster Cafe wrestles with his obsession.
Things get a little creepy over at the Nerd Cantina.

Check out what other League members are obsessed with over here.

2 comments:

  1. I love Pepe! I don't know what I think about The Muppets being used in commercials, but that was pretty funny. That didn't really sell me on the car, but it was fun. Pepe was so tiny in that car! When the camera panned away, he looked like some little orange dot in the driver's seat. I might have to check out some of the related Muppet car commercials that popped up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it doesn't feel so much they're trying to sell the car and that's a good thing. It would have been funny to see what would happen if someone came out to help them. I wouldn't be surprised if most, or all, of the ad was ad libbed. They have gotten very good at doing things like that with hilarious results.

      Delete