Feb 20, 2013

Mailbox Invaders - Glyos Figures

If you're a fan of classic sci-fi toy lines like Battle Beasts and Z-Bots, you may be familiar with the more recent Glyos line by Onell Design. And if you're not, you should be!

Glyos are part action figure and part construction toy. Every Glyos part is made to be interchangeable with other Glyos parts. Think about that for a minute. Imagine being able to swap arms, legs, heads, torsos on every Star Wars/GI Joe figure you had!
These figs come in around 3" tall and plenty of articulation.

I wanted to show off my recent addition, SRU Commander Arclurran Sarvos. He's actually my second Glyos figure. My first one was Verexxan Armorvor, which is very Battle Beast-y.
Here's what I got with the Commander...


3 heads, 2 upper torso, 2 lower torso, l/r arm, l/r leg and 2 kerchief kind things (2nd row, left). This is one of the coolest things about getting a Glyos figure, they always pop a little something extra in with your order. I should note the hands and feet are also removable.

Here's a few pics of the Commander in different combinations

Check out those belt pouches!
Alas, poor Horvax, I knew him well...
Invisible surfboard

I didn't used to follow the Onell Design blog closely so I didn't even know when this batch of figures was going on sale. I was lucky to be watching Twitter when it happened. They sell out quick so you have to know what you want to get your order in. It's not easy trying to pick just one! If I had more time to decide, I probably would have gotten a Deep Space Glyan instead.

But I do like the Commander. I've got plenty enough parts to change him up every once in awhile. My only teeny-tiny complaint about him is the left arm being straight out with no bend in the elbow. It looks odd to me where his other limbs aren't so rigid. But like I said, it's a very minor nit to pick. These figures are a great value for the price!

Here's a few shots of the Armorvor.


I don't know why I went with this color.
There was a red/white version that's much more dynamic.
The head has two sides to it...


and here's the other side. He's also holding his gun. I think it's a gun, it kinda looks like a toy spaceship! He also came with an extra head...


Head Swap!!



3 comments:

  1. I love my purple armorvor, but the grey one is pretty cool too. I need a green one. I can't wait for the new Robo Force toys that are going to be using the Glyos system...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! But missed out on getting a Armorvor but I have a Space Traveler as well as some Outer Spacemen and a Spy Monkey Creation figure that uses this system.

    ReplyDelete